My Client is one of the leading Retail/ FMCG organisations in the Irish and International marketplace and due to an internal promotion; a vacancy has arisen on the Buying team. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious ; switched on Buying Manager (FMCG) to join a dynamic Business- I don’t say this lightly !
My Client has worked hard on cultivating a positive culture and are now recognised as an Employer of choice ! There are several reasons why this is a must for consideration if you are a diligent Buying Manager who wants to grow in a thriving Business.
- The people in the Business- you will get exposure to all areas of the Business; – there is a real vibrant atmosphere- and they employ genuine ; hardworking people who want to take ownership and a collaborative approach is key and they have all rallied together during these tough times and help one another out.
- The Hiring Director- Great guy! Calm; composed; switched on – loves to see people who are ethical; honest and have that spark and drive. He has been with the Business for a number of years and leads by example.
- Career progression and the commercial experience you will obtain with the opportunity to move into other areas of the Business.
Reporting to the Head of Buying, you will work closely with suppliers; sales marketing and will analyse relevant information in order to improve and optimise pricing, and to grow sales for the category within the Business.
- Construct and manage ROI ranges that deliver for their customers & your own KPIs
- Analyse market information, together with supplier information to identify / inform revised pricing options
- Provide a great range which gives customers a reason to shop across all store formats
- Develop a business plan that supports the trade plan of your buying area that delivers for customers
- Develop a strong buy/sell plan with suppliers and negotiate product cost and rebates to continually drive down costs for your customers
- Drive improvements in margin through monthly verbal and written communications with Sales and Finance teams
- Management of contract negotiations and ongoing relationships with new and existing suppliers ensuring that appropriate terms and KPI’s/ SLA’s achieve maximum benefit
- Partner with internal teams and collaborate with senior stakeholders
- Minimum of 6 years previous experience as a buyer and ideally within the FMCG / Retail sector.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills is a must.
- Experience in tender processes and Commodity sourcing experience
- Essential commercial skills i.e. Range Management, Supplier Management, Strategic Planning,
- Financial Acumen, Margin Management
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
For more information please contact Denis Mac Sweeney on 087 977 2742 or email Denis at email@example.com . All applications will be treated confidentially.