Job Reference: DMS 17.03.21
My Client has some of the best brands in the FMCG marketplace and due to a recent re-structure; they are looking to recruit an ambitious Procurement Executive to join the Business. There are a number of reasons why this is a great opportunity
- The growth of the Business and recent acquisitions- the last 3 years has seen a massive uplift in Business and Turnover 2. The autonomy of the role and ability to make an impact 3. The Country Manager for Ireland and the Supply Chain Manager –The Country Manager joined the Business over 3 years ago and has put processes in place; drove Revenue and growth and the Supply Chain Manager who knows the Business inside out – She is looking for someone to come in and put their own stamp on the role- She is fair; highly thought of by the Business and would be a great person to learn from.
There are over 120 employees in place and there is a family feel to the organization. The Country Manager said the following “Denis this is a great role- I am looking for someone who can challenge; look at new ways of working –The Production Team are a solid team but I am looking for someone with initiative- for example on cost reduction; identifying new suppliers if needs be? Deirdre the Supply Chain will be a great person to partner with- and she is looking for someone to come in and put their own stamp on the role; develop it and make it their own but at the same time she will give you both the support and autonomy to succeed.”
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Procurement Executive/Buyer will work closely with production and planning to ensure that all required materials are available to meet demand. They use a SAP ERP system to manage all aspects of the manufacturing process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the procurement and management of all packaging, ingredients and cleaning chemicals for the organisation.
- Work with approved and new suppliers to agree commercials, ordering, scheduling of deliveries and usage monitoring to ensure packaging and ingredients are held at agreed levels.
- Use MRP function on SAP to manage stock levels.
- Negotiate pricing and supplier contracts for contracted materials.
- Full responsibility for supply/demand alignment, material replenishment, and supplier performance.
- Deal professionally with suppliers on packaging/ingredient quality or supply issues.
- Support the R&D and sales teams to identify and source new suppliers for packaging and ingredients that meet technical, quality and commercial requirements.
- Manage onboarding of new suppliers.
- Management and control of slow-moving stock items and obsolete stock items.
- Work closely with the supply chain team to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce costs.
- A structured individual with initiative; drive and excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of handling multiple projects at the same time and meeting deadlines.
- 3-5 years’ experience required in a similar role within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment would be ideal but not essential.
- Very strong IT and numerical skills; must be proficient in the use of excel and have a working knowledge of an inventory management system, preferably SAP. ( SAP is advantageous but not a pre-requisite.)
For more information please contact me on email@example.com or give me a call on 087 977 2742 for further information